Recording – Saturday Seminar 23 – Risky Business
Originally held on the 9th of July 2022
This session explored some highly relevant topics for Conveyancers such as pre-signing advice, special conditions and off the plan transactions.
- Advising clients before signing on Contracts of Sale, the who, what, where, when and how.
- Putting your advice in writing.
- Charging for your advice.
- Interpreting special conditions and advising clients.
- Developing precedent special conditions.
- When to engage a lawyer to assist with drafting special conditions.
Off the Plan Transaction
- Advising clients on off the plan transactions.
- How running a conveyancing file for an ‘off the plan’ transaction is different.
- Special conditions for off the plan transactions.
- Conveyancer obligations in respect of ‘off the plan’ transactions.
- Paul Garson, Licensed Conveyancer at Stonnington Conveyancing & AIC Vic Committee Member
- Colin McCaul, Special Counsel, Tisher Liner FC Law
- David McKenzie, Principal at LMG Lawyers and LIV Accredited Property Law Specialist
Risk Management Points: 3