Property Conveyancing

To qualify as a Licensed Conveyancer, you will need to successfully complete a course in property law and conveyancing practice with a Registered Training Authority (RTO) and complete conveyancing work experience. Courses that incorporate small business topics would be beneficial should you ultimately wish to set up your own conveyancing firm.

On 26th May 2018, Consumer Affairs Victoria introduced 4 new Regulations under the Conveyancers Act 2006, one of which was Conveyancers (Qualifications and Experience) Regulations 2018.    The new Qualification is the Advanced Diploma of Conveyancing drawn from the national Business Services Training Package.   The Advanced Diploma of Conveyancing comprises 18 units of competency and replaces the current qualification of 8 units.   Students undertaking the current 8 unit Qualification will need to complete that Qualification by 31st December 2018.   If not completed, then they will need to transfer to the Advanced Diploma of Conveyancing and complete that Qualification to be eligible for a conveyancing licence.     

The experience component for a licence, at this stage, is still 12 months full time or equivalent part time supervised conveyancing experience obtained over the last 5 years.

The RTOs recommended are :

RMIT University - School of Vocational Business Education - As at 4th July 2018 RMIT is still offering the Diploma of Conveyancing but will be upgrading the Qualification to the Advanced Diploma of Conveyancing  by 31st December 2018.

The Malka Group - TMG College Australia - Advanced Diploma of Conveyancing, Diploma of Conveyancing

Business Conveyancing

Conveyancers wishing to undertake the sale and purchase of businesses, must first:

AIC Vic ran  a  BLA approved bridging course in business conveyancing a few years ago but has no plans to run a further course at this stage.